AtlantiCare is seeking a certified Tumor Registrar to join our team.
- Identifies all reportable cases of cancer within the hospital in order to ensure regulatory and other established program certification requirements.
- Accessions and abstracts patients who are diagnosed and/or treated for a reportable neoplasm, as well as performs annual follow-up for registry patients.
- Performs related data collection, data reporting and clerical duties in support of departmental and cancer program needs.
- Supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts, and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
- High school diploma.
- Some college-level anatomy and physiology course work.
- Tumor Registry certification.
- Must be an active member in local, state and national professional registry association(s).
- 1-3 years of hospital clerical experience with experience in oncology preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and basic clerical skills.
- Working knowledge of healthcare computer systems and databases.
- Proficiency in clinical applications preferred at time of hire; incumbents within position will be trained appropriately and then skill will be required for this position within 30 to 60 days from date of hire.
AtlantiCare is southeastern New Jersey’s largest employer. With approximately 5,500 employees and 900 physicians, AtlantiCare serves the southeastern New Jersey community in nearly 90 locations. AtlantiCare is proud to be one of a handful of healthcare providers in the United States who have received the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (awarded to organizations that demonstrate quality and performance excellence) and have attained status as a Magnet®-designated hospital.
At AtlantiCare, you are more than an employee — you’re one of nearly 5,500 partners in a mission to build healthy communities in southeastern New Jersey. Whether you’re a nurse caring for patients, a cook preparing food or a technician servicing computers, everyone plays an important role. Come join the region’s healthcare leader — an organization known for medical innovation and performance excellence.
AtlantiCare is a great place to work, with excellent benefits and real opportunities for career growth. In fact, 94 percent of our employees say they would recommend working at AtlantiCare to friends or family.
We are closer than you think! Easy drive down the Atlantic City Expressway, 206 or Garden State Parkway with no traffic! 45-minute drive from Philadelphia, and 45 minutes south of Toms River and Medford.
Join AtlantiCare. And make a contribution that could change healthcare.
Inspire. Dream. Achieve.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit http://www.atlanticare.attnhr.com/jobs/145086/
Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Apply Here: http://www.atlanticare.attnhr.com/jobs/145086/