Capital Health is the region’s leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell) and the Capital Health – Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
• Performs case finding throughout Capital Health. Decides patient eligibility for entry into the cancer registry database by reviewing the various case-finding sources in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Assigns the stage of disease and clinical codes utilizing the SEER Summary Staging Guide, the International Classification of Diseases, the American Joint Committee on Staging, and the Commission on Cancer accreditation standards.
• Generates statistical reports and graphs from the computer system, and recommends measures to correct any deficiencies in reporting.
• Contacts physicians, clinics and hospitals to pursue additional treatment and/or staging information. Monitors data requirements on an ongoing basis and for special requests for reporting organizations.
• Compares patients from the monthly statistical reports against hospital database and updates patient records. Enters new information obtained on the patients into the registry database.
• Supports all aspects of meetings to include the agenda, menu, room setup, AV equipment management and attendance.
• Takes minutes of the meetings.
• Assists in production of the annual report.
• Tumor Registrar Certification required.
• Associate’s degree or Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing.
• One year of abstracting experience in a hospital cancer registry.
• Competitive salaries
• Tuition reimbursement
• Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
• 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/152132/
Equal opportunity employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Here: http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/152132/