Every day across central Pennsylvania, the people of WellSpan Health work together to support this non-profit mission of service—one patient, one community, one unique health care need at a time. We also collaborate with community leaders, area residents and other health care providers to make sure that inpatient, outpatient, home health and physician services are located where they can do the most good for our neighbors.
Focusing on the health of the community has inspired us to transform the way we work. We make it as simple as possible for individuals to develop a relationship with our health system and to become healthy and stay that way. Each patient’s information is available to providers at any WellSpan location through our sophisticated electronic health record, and their care is coordinated by teams of physicians, health coaches, social workers and other professionals. This is, we believe, the best way to improve health across our growing, diverse region.
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Director of the Oncology Service Line, manages the daily operations and work activities for the System-wide oncology registry department. Ensures compliance with oncology program accreditation standards, Department of Health (DOH) reporting regulations and standards related to oncology information management and documentation requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages registry staff activities including EMR record review, data abstracting and coding of patient and cancer related information, treatment and staging on all cancer patients treated and/or diagnosed at System facilities by directing productivity and staffing levels, monitoring aggregate reporting and overseeing quality indicators.
- Maintains oncology registry database. Prepares and analyzes registry data for the purposes of quality, education, research, outcomes, productivity, program development, strategic planning and compliance with accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Participates in the research process through identification of populations to be surveyed, determination of data collection methodologies, and performance of data analysis, editing and formatting of reports.
- Manages oncology registry staff, assists with staffing, coordination of work schedules, annual performance reviews, training, development, education, and work productivity. Monitors quality of data, develops and provides training for oncology registry staff to ensure data quality and compliance with standards and reporting requirements.
- Participates as a member of the WellSpan Health Cancer Committee, providing quarterly updates and assistance with quality improvement initiatives. Assists in the development and implementation of WellSpan policies and procedures to ensure compliance with System-wide goals and objectives.
- Assists with oversight of programmatic components, ensuring adherence to accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Oversees and coordinates Multidisciplinary Oncology Conferences and related tasks.
- Oversees and coordinates accreditation application reports/processes.
- Manages review and reporting of oncology data comparison to National and State program statistics. Applies legal and ethical policies and procedures for release and use of registry data.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field required.
3 – 5 years
- Certified Tumor Registrar certification issued by the National Cancer Registrars Association.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credentials issued by the American Health Information Management Association.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please visit with us at www.joinwellspan.org and on the search for job title/requisition number input – 52281