Holy Redeemer Health System
Careers that reflect your talent. Your future’s calling.
Holy Redeemer Health System is a place that centers its attention on our employees so that you can learn, grow and lead. It’s this emphasis that helps our employees contribute to our success as a workplace of choice. As our story continues to unfold, we invite you to add your own chapter.
We are seeking a hands-on Lead Cancer Registrar to supervise Cancer Registry staff as well as participate in the daily operation of the Cancer Registry. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the cancer-related data collection system
- The identification, retrieval and reporting of neoplasms; coding, abstracting, and entering clinical and demographic information into the cancer registry database
- Assisting in maintaining follow-ups using the METRIQ database to assist in facility and medical community strategic planning, research initiatives and quality improvement activities
- Ensuring physician compliance with AJCC Staging requirements
- Acting as liaison and assuring compliance with the Commission on Cancer (CoC) and the Holy Redeemer Hospital Cancer Program
- Conducting registry QC activities and quarterly QA reviews of abstracting, case-finding and follow-up duties.
Requirements include Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology or Bachelor’s in Health Information Management, and previous experience as a Certified Tumor Registrar with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Cancer Registry operations or highly-relevant clinical experience. Requires knowledge of data coding, American College of Surgeon’s FORDS and PCR manual, ICD-0 coding, and Cancer Staging (AJCC, Collaborative and summary staging system). Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits which include medical, dental, Paid Time Off, pension plan, tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.