Health Information Alliance, Inc.
Health Information Alliance, Inc. is looking for remote Certified Tumor Registrars (CTRs). Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of abstracting experience in a CoC Accredited Cancer Program (preferred). HIA employs CTR professionals with a special passion for the field of cancer registry and the quality of robust data being collected. High attention to detail and the ability to meet quality standards and assignment deadlines are required.
The ideal candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Commitment and reliability; be able to dedicate consistent time to HIA
- Superb communication and responsiveness
- Computer literacy
- Must be comfortable with, but not limited to: Excel, web-browsers, email, electronic health records (non-specific)
- Must be familiar with various technologies such as, but not limited to: security (e.g., Citrix), data collection/abstraction, encoders, web-based applications
- Self-maintenance of skillset
- Maintaining credentials
- Staying current with abstraction/coding rules, manuals, and guidelines
- Prior experience in position applying for
- Motivation; remote work can be team-based, but requires the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and tactfulness to be able to effectively communicate with team members and client contacts
- Must have a CTR Certification
- Must have 5 years tumor registry experience
- Minimum of 5 years of CTR abstracting experience in a CoC Accredited Cancer Program, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the Commission on Cancer standards and accreditation process preferred
- Exposure to cancer registry management and registry related functions (abstracting and non-abstracting functions), preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, industry-related cancer registry software systems and electronic medical record applications
The ideal candidate must possess:
- A college degree from
- An accredited nursing program,
- CAHIIM accredited program, or
- Other accredited healthcare program
- Healthcare credential associated with their program of study
- Other healthcare information related abstraction and coding credentials desirable
All candidates will be working on flexible remote-PRN schedules.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
If interested in this CTR position, please apply via HIA’s website at www.healthinformationalliance.com.