Einstein Healthcare Network
Category: Full – Time | Philadelphia
Job ID #: 22726
Employment Type: Full – Time
Location: Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia
Weekends Required? No
Rotation Required? No
On-Call Required? No
Entity: Tabor Acute Care
Department: Cancer Clinic – TB
Biweekly Hours: 80
Experience Required: 3 – 5 Years
Zip Code: 19141-3018
Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Fulfills a full range of tumor registry activities, including the identification, data abstraction, follow-up and reporting of all required cases at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia in compliance with the guidelines of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, and the Pennsylvania Cancer Registry.
- Responsible for abstracting, coding and tumor staging according to the ICD-9/10 coding manual and American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) staging guidelines, respectively.
- Provides registry support for assigned cancer conferences, including participation in the conference, retrieval of pertinent documentation for cases identified, and completion and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Responsible for reporting breast and colon cases by using the web based quality improvement tool-RQRS.
- This position requires providing service to the following age population(s) adult to frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Associate?s Degree in Health Information Technology or an undergraduate degree in Health Science or equivalent preferred.
- One year tumor registry experience required.
- A broad knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, ICD-9-CM coding and ICD-9 classification of diseases is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills on a level to work actively with clinical staff required.
- MS Office skills required
- Familiarity with Metriq or comparable database preferred.
- Tumor Registry Certification (CTR) required
- Physical Requirements: Physical requirements are sitting, standing, walking, agility and dexterity.
- Visual Requirements: Visual requirements are near vision, depth perception, color vision and extensive exposure to video display terminal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5bnttw476q8yhbx3